With the exception of the currency settings which are described in the previous section, the second section of the Finance Module menu is dedicated to the following settings for the system:
1. Invoice Dates - This is a reference only section. Here you can review past and future invoice dates.
2. Transaction Type - This is a reference only section. Here you can review the various transaction types in AFS as well as their descriptions.
3. Per Capita Fees - This is a reference only section. This is a list of all the per capita contributions for the current year and prior years. Per capita refers to the Program Contribution, International Development Fund, Program Liability Fund, International Emergency Fund, and Participant Medical Fund for non-USA and USA.
The base year indicates how the fees are assessed, either on prior year or current year’s sending participant numbers. ALL fees are assessed on sending participant numbers.
4. Hosting Fees Entry and Reference - Partners must input their hosting fees for ALL their hosting programs here if they want the payment to be settled through International. If the fee is not entered here before a settlement date, the amount will not be paid at that settlement.
To add a fee – Click on the New Hosting Fee button. You may enter a fee that is applicable to all of the sending Partners for that program, or specify a different fee for each sending Partner, as applicable. Enter all required fields.
To edit a fee already entered - Click on the view option in blue for the program code you would like to edit. You may enter a fee that is applicable to all of the sending Partners for that program, or specify a different fee for each sending Partner, as applicable. If you carve out one partner for a special discounted fee, all the fees for your other sending partners for that program will need to be entered separately. In cases where you have many sending partners but only one or two receiving a different rate or many different fees due to different volumes, you should consider entering a fee for All Partners and then request your sending partners to enter a charge to you for the discount that you have extended to them.
Once the hosting fees are finalized, it can only be changed by INT upon confirmation from both the Sending and Hosting Partner involved in the exchange.
5. Hosting Fees (Tier-Based) - This is a reference only section, it provides the Year and Semester school-based transfer prices assigned to each tier level or find a Partner’s assigned tier level in a given year.